Sunday, March 20, 2011

A jeweled inspiration

Hi guys, I'm back and hopefully I can blog more frequently now =)
A few days ago I went into Aldo and fell in love with these earrings:


I love gold and turquoise color combinations, especially in jewelry and I love how these are simple, yet gorgeous and they can be dressed up and down. So good for spring/summer and they were relatively inexpensive too. 
So I have been loving these beautiful new additions to my jewelry collection and wearing them has inspired my makeup as well. I have just recently gotten my hands on the Naked Palette (finally!) and one of my favorite eyeshadows from the palette is half baked, a beautiful warm gold color that I thought would look amazing with these earrings. And because I am obsessed with the blue and gold combo, I paired it with a sky blue shadow from the soften the mood trio by MAC.

I used Half Baked all over the lid and blended out the edges with Naked, which is nice if you want to give a very subtle definition to the crease. Then I ran the light blue shade underneath on my lower lash line.
Then I topped it off with a thin line of the Clinique gel liner and some L'oreal Voluminous mascara. Nothing major here. 

The rest of my makeup:
L'oreal Studio Secrets magic perfecting base
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
MAC Well Dressed blush
MAC Hush CCB
NYX Circe lipstick
Michael Todd Natural Creme Glace

I really love this makeup. It is so fresh and light and totally puts me in the spring mood. The gold eyeshadow in person is really stunning, and makes your eyes pop.
Also, I would like to say that I am completely obsessed with the Naked Palette. The eyeshadows are so buttery smooth and you can get so many different looks from the array of very wearable colors.

I hope you have all been getting some nice weather. I am so glad to have these sunny days =)
Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Your looks are always so fresh and pretty and your skin is flawless! The earrings are gorgeous too, very unique and classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yu! Haha I'm actually pretty unhappy with my skin right now. It's not so bad, but the camera definitely hides a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. You look so gorgeous and fresh. I love gold and turquoise to. I'm glad you got the Naked palette. I love all UD eyeshadows I have tried except the glittery ones. Hope you're having a good weekens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I love your makeup! xo Those earrings are gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how this came out. I feel up to trying blue eyeshadow this week now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those earrings are amazing and you look so pretty! Love that trio from mac, all looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous and I love the gold eyeshadow! The earrings are lovely too, i love turquoise and gold together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I gave you an award! Check it out here!
    http://fabulousfinds4.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those earrings are GORGEOUS! I saw them in Aldo but for some reason I think drop earrings look weird on me (haha) You're beautiful Miss Vi. Love your blog :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic!!!!

    www.paolinasspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!