Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Night Out

Rarely do I have an excuse to dress up and get all dolled up, but for those times that I do, there's always that little black dress to get me through the hassle of deciding what to wear. Tonight, I'm going to a formal event where I'm going to don this little black dress that I got from H&M years ago, and haven't worn yet (typical). Dressing up is always fun, and I thought I'd share a few of the things I like to do to get ready for a dressy night out. 

No LBD would be complete without accessories. My go to jewelry for a night out - an assortment of bangles, a large statement ring, and some dangly earrings. Most of my jewelry is gold which is perfect for fancier events. 

I'm going to wear these nude platform pumps from urbanog.com. I had been wanting nude platform pumps for quite some time, but could never shell out the 70-100 bucks that steve madden and aldo were charging for them because lets face it, I'm not the type of girl who walks around in 6 inch heels all the time. I got these for super cheap and they have served their purpose. 
And finally, this faux patent snake skin leather bag is always with me on any night out. 

I usually never do anything to my hair, but these rollers are a great easy way to add volume and bounce to your hair. I just put them in almost dry hair, add some volumizing spray, and get ready while they sit. 

I painted my nails in essie's Bordeaux, a deep red wine color, for a classic polished look.

As for makeup, I don't really know what I'm going to be doing yet, but I am toying with the idea of rocking a deep glossy red lip with maybelline's continuous cranberry and viva glam gaga II lipglass. Or more likely, I will play it safe with neutral pinky lips. My favorite natural nude combo of the moment is the body shop's lip liner in pink brown and clarins instant lip perfector 02. 

And now I'm off to get ready. What do you guys like to do for a night out? 

~Vida

12 comments:

  1. your shoes so pretty..they are good for night out.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're a little high though so they're not the most comfortable shoes

      Delete
  2. Post the final look once you're all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit! I think the glossy lips would look really nice and classy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about nude pumps! I've been looking for a pair that aren't too pricey for a while now. And those earrings are so unique and gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the jewelry! Have fun tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I love how you show us everything you did and wore! I have some of the Velcro rollers but I can never figure out how to put them in lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use those Velcro rollers too! They are amazing so are the ring and earrings!!

    http://champagnecocktailscashmeredreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. is that the 'big butt' dress?! I'm sure you looked hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yea! It was a lot shorter and tighter than I remember...

      Delete
  9. Wow those shoes are to die for!! I know you are not really the crazy heel kind of person... but, you are gonnnnnaaa look hot!!

    Can't wait to visit you this weekend!! Miss youuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always feel a little more dressed up when I add some curl to my hair. Even if nothing else changes, that makes me feel dolled up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!