Thursday, December 16, 2010

MAC Tilt and Star Violet

So the other day I decided to experiment with some color and I ended up using two eyeshadows from MAC - tilt and star violet. Both of these I received as a Christmas present last year from a friend, and I love them both, but as I am a neutral lover I didn't reach for them as often as I would have liked. Tilt is a shimmery bright blue-green color with a tinge of violet running through and star violet is a shimmery brown violet color. Tilt is also a duochrome eyeshadow so when paired with a black base it shows up as a beautiful turquoise color. 


For the look, I used tilt all over my lid and with the tip of a MAC 239 brush, I ran star violet on the outer corner of my lower lash line. I also tried out a freebie eyeshadow that I got in a birthday gift set from sephora called aspen summit, a frosty white, on the inner corners of my eyes. 

Yes that is patrick star in the background. 



Products Used
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup
MUFE HD powder 
MAC Painterly paintpot 
MAC Tilt eyeshadow
MAC Star Violet eyeshadow
MAC black swan pearlglide eyeliner  
Maybelline 
Well Dressed blush 
Maybelline The Falsies mascara
NYX Orange Soda lipstick 

I think that when blended out on the lid, tilt is actually very wearable blue and I love how it looks paired with the black swan eyeliner. Star violet is such a beautiful eyeshadow and I really love using it on the lower lashline - it brightens and defines and is a subtle way to wear color. I love the combo of these two eyeshadows and will be rocking this look more often!

Have any good colorful eyeshadow combinations?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have tilt. I'm very much of a natural lover too, but this looks stunning on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girley! subscribe and check out my blog for makeup giveaways in the next few days at www.islandgirlnmore.blogspot.com

    contest will be up and running in the next few days so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your shade on Clinique Superbalanced Makeup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I had this foundation so long ago that I honestly don't remember, I'm sorry!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!