Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Covergirl Eye Enhancers

I recently found these when I went on what started as a drugstore run for some top coat. I don't know what attracted me to them because in the past I haven't really liked any of the Covergirl cosmetics nor do I usually pick up eye shadows from the drugstore. I'm glad I did though because I ended up loving them so much. There were a few sets in the collection that seemed really unwearable or not my style, but I would say the majority of them were very tempting. I had trouble picking out just two and I am hoping to get more in the future. The two that I picked out are urban basics and shimmering sands.
Shimmering sands is a beautiful neutral trio. The shades include a chocolatey taupe, a greyish gold taupe, and a light frosty pink - all of which contain shimmer. I love all these shades, they are super wearable, but are still interesting and have a lot of dimension.

Urban basics is probably my favorite out of the two, mostly because of the pale lavender color on the left. It is such a pretty matte shade, one that I have been looking for in more high end brands and I am so happy to have found it in this 6 dollar quad. To me, it is a very spring/summer shade and is surprisingly wearable/flattering. The other shades include a shimmery taupe, which is very similar to Urban Decays' sidecar, a super glittery light pink (boo), and a shimmery off-white color.
The first two shades in this quad make it so worth it, even with the two rather crappy highlight shades in it.
All of these eye shadows are soft, pigmented, and last all day with a good primer on underneath. The cheap plastic packaging is disappointing, but doesn't take away from how beautiful these shadows are!


I am surprised at how much I like them, and I would really recommend anyone to check out the other colors and get one, especially because they are currently buy 1 get 1 50% off at CVS!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed,

~Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!