Friday, November 12, 2010

Haul: Sephora and MAC

I recently received my order from the Sephora friends and family sale (code: FF2010). I also visited a MAC store this past weekend while I was visiting a friend in Boston. Here's what I got =)

BEAUTY IN A BOX: NARS JUNKIE 


This is a Sephora exclusive limited edition set by NARS that is $121 in value, but retails for $69. I really wanted this because I wanted to try out the popular NARS products without buying full size versions that I would probably never finish. 

It includes:

 ESSENTIAL EYE PALETTE


This palette comes with 5 powder eyeshadows, and one cream eyeshadow, unconditional love. This was what initially turned me onto this set as I have been wanting to try the eyeshadows from NARS and this palette contains so many pretty neutrals as well as some darker shades for added drama. It's beautiful, compact, and I'm sure I will be obsessed with it.

ORGASM MULTIPLE, OPHELIA LIPGLOSS 


I'm excited to try the famous NARS orgasm, which comes in a mini sample size tube. Ophelia is a berry colored sheer lipgloss, which is not a color that I would normally go for, but hopefully I will find a way to make it work. 

LAGUNA BRONZER


This bronzer comes in the cutest mini compact; it's prob the size of an eyeshadow. 

Also from Sephora I got:

L'OCCITANE SHEA BUTTER HAND CREAM


I got the smaller, 1 oz, one that cost $10. I just started using it, and so far I think it's amazing - it's like a thick balm so it doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy and it keeps my hands soft and smooth for hours. 

TOCCA GUILIETTA PERFUME


I've been wanting this for so long - I've sprayed this in Sephora enough times to know that I love this scent. It's very sweet, floral-y, and refreshing, not to mention it comes in the most beautiful packaging ever. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION FACE COMPLEXION BRUSH




I've always been intrigued by the Clarisonic, but don't think I could ever pay that much for a skincare tool. So, I opted for a much more affordable option - the sephora face complexion brush ($5). The bristles are a lot softer than I thought they would be, and I can't wait to test this out with my cleanser

I also got these samples from Urban Decay that I thought would be fun to try out:


From MAC I got 2 things from the permanent collection and one thing from a Tartan Tale

PATINA AND CLUB EYESHADOW


Patina is a taupe beige color with gold shimmer. I also find that it has a slight pink tinge running through it. Club is a multidimensional eyeshadow that looks kind of mucky in the pan, but I think the blue-green-grey-brown mixture will make a unique smoky eye for going out. 

BLACK SWAN PEARLGLIDE INTENSE EYE LINER



This is one of the pearlglide eyeliners from the Tartan Tale collection and it is amazingg. It is a black with "pearl" in it which really just looks like blue glitter, but it actually shows up when you have it on your eyes. The quality of these liners is great - they're super creamy and give intense color that stays on all day. I really think the liners are the stand out products of this collection and I am tempted to go back and get a backup of this one and some of the other ones =X

Hope you guys have a great weekend! =)

3 comments:

  1. Wow the Nars stuff looks amazing :) I think I will be investing in Patina, really like the look of it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want the nars set - the orgasm mini multiple especially looks so cute!! Patina and club are two of my favourite MAC eyeshadows - I think I mentioned them in my blog. Check It out - www.roxanneoak.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!