Monday, November 1, 2010

It's the Small Things :)

We all know that life can get pretty stressful no matter who you are. 

I have med school interviews coming up, and I've been really feeling the stress creep up on me. 
It's times like these that I like to think about the small things in life that make me happy - those things that are easily attainable, slightly frivolous, but somehow nicely comforting. 

Here are some of those things :)

Beautiful fall days

I love how just the scent of autumn can sometimes evoke nostalgic feelings and bring back random memories 

Balanced meals

I love to cook, and whenever I do I absolutely have to make a meal that consists of starch, protein, and veggies. 

Getting everything done on my to-do list 

I am addicted to making lists. I love to make lists for everything, and I probably love completing all the things on my list even more; checking each thing off is so strangely satisfying =)

Mango...anything
I am obsessed with all things mango - mango smoothies, mango ice cream, mango juice, mango yogurt - yea... you get the point.

Receiving online orders in the mail

Opening packages is like opening presents on Christmas - by the time they've come you have already forgotten about how much you spent on them =x

Face masks

I love relaxing with a good face mask - it's soothing and nice to pamper yourself once in a while. My favorite at the moment is the CVS brand mint julep mask!

Having my refrigerator freshly stocked 

I love to cook and I love to eat. Something about having a fully stocked frig makes me feel complete and ready to face the week. 

All images taken from Google 

So there we have it - a stress relieving exercise for me, and hopefully a way for you guys to get to know me better =) 

What small things do you love? 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the recieving orders in the mail...I have ordered some lovely boots which should be here any day now...:) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!