Friday, November 26, 2010

A lovely skin cleansing duo

So you all know I'm obsessed with my Origins checks and balances cleanser. A few days ago I got down to the final bits of it, and instead of buying a different cleanser to indulge my inner product junkie, I went and repurchased my old one. 

Now I love this cleanser, but I probably would have been tempted to try out new products if it weren't for the Sephora face complexion brush I bought a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, it was as if these two products were made for each other, and I just could not resist getting a second one so I could keep using them together. 


The face brush itself is soft and easy to use. The cleanser I have already raved about. And together they are a team of face washing goodness. On its own the cleanser lathers beautifully, but when used with the brush it creates an even foamier product that leaves your skin squeaky clean. Though the bristles of the brush are soft, they still work well as exfoliators, leaving my skin so so smooth. 

I think that adding a brush or some kind of exfoliating cleansing tool like a muslin cloth or a sponge makes a big difference to any skin care routine. I used to use The Body Shop's little facial buffer sponge, and I liked it, but this is way better because the handle makes it easy to hold, and the bristles are easy to clean. The gentle exfoliation is good for everyday use and I think gives a lot better results than those cleansers that have the "gentle exfoliating beads". It helps me maintain the softness of my skin throughout the week so I find myself using my St. Ives apricot invigorating scrub a lot less. 

I think the scrubbing action also helps get the cleanser deeper into your pores - I've noticed that my blackheads have been kept at bay, but I probably need to use it for longer to really see the difference. 

All in all it's like washing your skin like you would brush your teeth - kinda weird but I really like it!

What do you think about facial brushes? 

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this cleaner. I love Origins in general. I use their "never a dull moment" in the morning and the checks and balances to clean my make up at night. Love them both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog by the way. I'm also an Origins, Nars, Sephor and MAC junkie. Loved reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks! I felt the same when I was reading through yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm I've always wondered what's the difference between a facial brush and the clarisonic... I usually just use an exfoliator if i want to scrub my skin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!