Monday, November 1, 2010

Review: Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins



I have been on an Origins kick lately and so I was really excited to try out the High Potency Night-A-Mins cream ($36, origins.com). The product claims to boost the skin's nocturnal nature to help repair the damage of the day and rebuild the skin. "Worn out cells are gently released to reveal brighter, more youthful texture and tone." After using this for the past 2 months, I do believe that I have stumbled upon another brilliant product by Origins. 

As with many Origins products, this cream is formulated with a wide assortment of natural oils - cinnamon leaf oil, orange peel oil, and orange flower oil among others. But, the key ingredients boasted by this product are the vitamins B-complex, C, E, and A. Vitamins in topical skin creams have been shown to have a powerful effect on the skin giving it that radiant healthy glow, which is why so many skin care items have been including them in their ingredient list. Vitamins C & E are powerful antioxidants that when combined can be highly protective against sun damage. This doesn't mean skip the sunblock, but it's nice to know that my night cream is working to build up my skin's defense. Vitamin A is important for keeping the moisture and glow in your skin - even if levels drop a little below normal you could start to see dry, flaky skin coming around. It also has great positive effects on wrinkles, acne, and even psoriasis. Vitamin B-complex forms the basis of your hair, skin and nail cells so it is very important and most people get enough of it through the foods they eat. Putting this on your skin, however, enhances the appearance of your skin even more, giving it a healthy, plump look. 

The overall effect? I think it works really well as a night cream. The consistency feels and looks thick on your fingers, but once it is rubbed into your skin it is quickly absorbed and feels weightless leaving your skin extremely soft and supple. It has made my skin look and feel a lot healthier, and it has kept my skin from drying out in this blistering cold weather.You only need a small amount of this for your entire face, and for the size of the jar I think it is well worth the money. I was kind of hoping that it would have some effect in getting rid of my acne scars because of the vitamins in the cream, but they do not appear to have gotten noticeable lighter. The smell is of oranges and citrus, which I love, and I am really very pleased with the product overall =). 


1 comment:

  1. This has been in my "wish list" for ages. I am currently using their "never a dull moment" cream but really want to try this as well. Great post. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!